Friday, June 10, 2011

The Danish Statue Of Liberty.

Hello Internet Friends!

Sorry for this short text, but I am being picked up for Denmark in a very short while, I just wanted to wish you all the best of weekends! It has been a long time since I visited any other countries, except Sweden, so Denmark almost feels very exotic, and I look forward to seeing for example the little Mermaid again among other things.
If I have the possibility I will try to write to you on the Danish Internet!

The Danish Mermaid Of Liberty.
No, this really is the little Mermaid, I have known the story behind it, but forgot it again, and then remembered it, but just now forgot again, but on this vacation I will for sure learn it again, you can always learn just a little when you travel places. (Even if you later forget it, you still sort of have learnt something, and at least for us this counts.)
Ps: I have a new hat I received from my granddaughter that I really look forward to using, I packed it on Monday, to make sure I did not forget it!

So, the best of Weekends to the Internet People,
and if you have the possibility, travel and learn some!

F.W.G

13 comments:

  1. Have a great vacation, I am looking forward to see a photo of you with your new hat.

    I´ll keep it short this time, as I got an error when I tried to comment your post a few minutes ago. I hope it will work this time, and there is plenty of time to write to you another day :)

    Kent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Gilbert: I have just found your blog and it is very entertaining! You have a wonderful sense of humor and you can tell a good story. I went to Copenhagen in my 20s, saw the Little Mermaid, and ate lots of herring! Do you know the song about Copenhagen: "Wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen, friendly old girl of a town! With her harbor lights that she wears at night, like a golden, golden crown...."? I learned it as a child.

    Have fun on your trip, and eat lots of fish!

    Best wishes,

    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha en god ferie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog you have here! All the best!

    Jon, Oslo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastisk bra blogg!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hei Finn.

    Takk for sist, det var så utrolig hyggelig å se deg igjen, og veldig hyggelig at du ser så godt ut!

    Vi følger alle bloggen din, og synes den er utrolig morsom og bra.

    De andre hilser så mye, vi håper du/dere koser dere masse i Danmark.

    Jeg kommer snarlig på besøk til deg igjen så snart du er hjemme.

    Si ifra til meg om det er noe spesielt du ønsker jeg skal ta med til deg annet enn blåbærjuice.

    Mange klemmer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hei lille venn,

    Du er en engel, ta vare på deg selv, og vi sees vel snart igjen!

    De beste hilsener og ønsker,
    F.W.G

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hei Runar,

    Tusen takk for de pene ordene, og for at du lar meg få skrive noe du leser,

    vennlig hilsen
    F.W.G

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jon!

    I am grateful for the kind words,
    all the best to you!

    F.W.G

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hei Bjørn Henrik Johansen,

    Tusen takk, jeg håper du får en fin ferie og!

    De beste hilsener,
    F.W.G

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kent,

    I am sorry for the error, but thankful for your kind words, and yes, I have pictures with my new hat! It is a good hat.

    Best regards
    F.W.G

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Mags,

    I believe I have not heard that song in decades..really, thanks for reminding me, I will have my grandchildren find the song for me.

    All the best wishes,
    F.W.G

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Kent!

    I have now got a email adresse from my grandson, he said FWG1923@gmail.com , hope this works.

    Best regards
    F.W.G

    ReplyDelete