Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Semi Senile Sausage Nightmare.

When I was sitting in Copenhagen, in Nyhavn, something really scary happened to me, my family and me were having lunch after a really nice tour with the water bus, and since it has been so long since I visited Denmark, I was eating a danish hot dog, I seldom eat hot dogs, but the Danish ones are sort of famous, so I feel I should have one when I visit, anyway, what happened was that I suddenly lost my hearing when I was half way into the hot dog, I could see my family talking and laughing, but there were almost no sounds, I got sort of really scared because I thought it was the hot dog that was to blame (understand that old people are very easily influenced by the media, and all the news regarding murderous cucumbers etc lately had probably put some thoughts in my head), I was about to take my journal and write some S.O.S message to my family when I realized it probably was the batteries in my hearing aid, and the fact that my two grandsons also ate hot dogs and seemed to hear without problems, saved me from blaming a completely innocent Danish hot dog. I wrote that I suspected my batteries to be dead, and my daughter had brought the spare apparatus so after a quick change I could eat the rest of my hot dog without any more physical errors, I am nevertheless still a little curios to what was being said around the table, while I was captured in the silence, next time I will remember to have the batteries changed I think, maybe.

Danish water bus:


Danish sausage:


Norwegian old man hearing aid:

Well, this is of course not my hearing aid, this one does not need batteries, mine is much more advanced and much smaller.

I sort of miss eating the Danish hot dogs now, because I have trouble with my teeth again, I think maybe the repairs were too hastily done last time, actually a bit scary thought, but I will get help with them tomorrow, also I am hearing excellent, so I am happy, and today the weather has been fine and we have all just been sitting outside looking at everything and nothing for hours.

What can I say, appreciate your capabilities (such as hearing, and having teeth), and do not blame innocent food without investigation and proof, and have a Danish hot dog when you visit Denmark (of course only if you like hot dogs).

F.W.G

8 comments:

  1. I once thought that my kebab made weird noises. But it turned out to be my mobile phone that made those creepy noises because it got soaked in water by a water bottle that I had not closed properly, which I kept in the same bag as my phone..

    I like your blog by the way:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Høres ut som en traumatisk pølsefest! Skal huske på å ikke legge skylda på uskyldige matretter om det skjer noe mystiskt. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ina,

    I do not think I have eaten Kebab, or Kebab is Turkish believe, maybe even Persian? And I have eaten both years ago, so maybe I have but with another name? You young generations have a lot to keep track of, some things was easier in the old days, if what you described had happened to me, I would have been sure it was the kebab.

    Thanks for sharing, and stay observant in your life, everything is more interesting then.
    Best regards
    F.W.G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hei Bjørn Henrik Johansen!

    Det gikk veldig bra fordi min datter hadde tenkt på at slikt kunne skje, vel ikke pølsekonspirasjonstanken, men det andre ihvertfall. Ja, man burde tenke seg om to ganger før man beskylder mulig uskyldig mat.

    Takk for at du skriver, og ha en strålende dag!
    F.W.G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeg elsker bloggen din.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hei til du som skrev sist!

    Det var da veldig hyggelig sagt, tusen takk!

    De beste hilsener,
    F.W.G

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog! I often think that younger and older people could really do with knowing more about each others' lives and ways of thinking, and I think you're making a great contribution through your writing!
    Felicity :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Felicity!

    I could not agree more with you, we also still have so much to learn, and life becomes richer by sharing. You made me smile, thank you for writing, and a beautiful name you have!

    All the best wishes,
    F.W.G

    ReplyDelete