Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Thrill Of The Kill Of The Krill.

Hello Internet People,

This is all about life, because I read in the papers about the harvest of the Krill, again, and as I have earlier said I am very supportive of the preservation of the diversity of our planet beings, and therefor the hunt and killing of Krill by humans is for me something very sad, the Krill is at the bottom of the food chain, that does not mean that they are not advanced beings, and their importance must not be neglected, they are food for so many larger animals, they eat the plankton and by that becomes eatable food for the other animals, they do a job that nobody else can, and by decreasing their numbers we jeopardize a big part of the oceans future, and then also the planet.

Krill.

Their ancestors are thought to be approximately 130 million years. (Makes me of course feel very young.)

For me, humans should not harvest from what they can not reproduce themselves, Krill is as far as my knowledge goes, something we can not control, or produce, and we should therefor enjoy and harvest something else, something we do not risk a butterfly effect from.

Sorry for saying this, I sort of told myself I would not write about such negative opinions here, an old mans grumpiness and such, I do not know if it is just that I am old, but things often get more black and white for me when it comes to my opinions, and if this is the case, then also please forgive me.

For the generations to come, take care of the Krill. ( If for nothing else, just to keep on the safe side, this really is one of those things humans do not need to do, and that we do not know enough about.)

It is Thursday, and they are especially good for learning something small about our environment. (At least I think so.) So if you have the possibility, maybe you can read about the Bering sea in 1998.

We have fish for dinner today, and I appreciate it twice as much!
Gunnar has also something going on, he has seemed very secretive lately, wonder what it is.

F.W.G

4 comments:

  1. Godt å se at noen i den eldre garde stiller med et fornuftig syn på vår bruk av naturen! Det er vårt ansvar å behandle naturen på en bærekraftig måte slik at ingen arter forsvinner for vår hånd. Det er ingenting gammelmodig og grettent med en slik tankegang!! Hadde alle hatt den holdningen du fremviser, hadde vi hatt en helt annen planet å gi videre til våre arvtagere.

    Nyt fiskemiddagen, og ha en flott aften! Og pass opp for hva Gunnar pønsker på! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Du er en gullklomp Gilbert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hei Bjørn Henrik Johansen!

    Jeg er så enig med deg! Man bør og må ta vare på naturen og dets mangfold!

    Ha en ordentlig fin helg, og håper du har fin sommer selvom det regner!

    F.W.G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heisan!

    En gullklomp, det var da en veldig flott ting å kalle meg, man er kanskje aldri for gammel til å bli kalt noe nytt!

    Tusen takk!
    F.W.G

    ReplyDelete